Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- West Virginia has an all-time record of 8-10. In 1997, Amos Zereoue ran for 145 yards and two scores, while Barrett Green returned an interception 49 yards for a touchdown in a 31-14 victory over Maryland.
- In 2002, linebacker Marc Magro committed to the Mountaineers. The Morgantown native redshirted his first year and was a regular contributor through 2006 (112 tackles, nine for loss, three sacks and two forced fumbles in his first three seasons). It was his senior year, though, that will be most remembered. He started all 13 games and finished the year with 83 tackles, 12 for loss, eight sacks and two forced fumbles.
- In 1977, former forward Marcus Goree was born. The Texas native averaged 10.9 points and 6.2 rebounds over a four year career and was named All Big East Second Team in 1999 and Third Team in 2000.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- McKeesport (PA) LB Hodari Christian says, "I'm trying to come down for the Kansas state game, if not I will for sure be down for Oklahoma game."
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!